Our sauna is mixt (with women and men) and we wear swimming suits.
Alcohol is not allowed in our sauna.
Vaasan Pingviinit ry. was founded in 1965.
The aim is to promote winter bath (“Polar bear”) as a hobby and connect people having this hobby.
With the help of the City of Vaasa we could build an own sauna, which is situated at the beautiful and central place on the island Hietasaari next to the swimming beach.
The sauna building was finished in 1999. The sauna was renewed in 2009 and regular repairs are done mainly based on volunteer work.
Penguins have never been more in Vaasa! We are now over 1100 members and we are happy to take new members at any time.
- The sauna is open every day between 10 – 22, on Thursdays between 10-23
- Please note that it is not allowed to consume alcohol in the sauna building or on our terrace. As well as it is not allowed to come to sauna under the influence of alcohol or other narcotics.
- The membership fee is 150€ (+ new members deposit for the key 10€; a membership year is 1.11 – 31.10).
- Single visit: You can pay one-time entrance at the door by phone (Finnish mobile phone contract needed). One-time entrance is available Monday-Saturday 10-18.
- Testing winter bath is possible free if you come to our sauna with a member. Your visit has to be agreed with a member of board (not in use due to corona)
- Group visits are allowed during the winter swim period (November - March) on weekdays from 11 am to 6 pm and on Saturdays from 11 am to 2 pm. Groups of visitors are limited to a maximum of eight. In addition, groups of up to ten people are allowed on Fridays from 8 pm to 10 pm. You can have three groups per week and a maximum of two groups per day. Group stay in sauna is max 1.5 hours. Members will be notified of group visits at least 8 days in advance. During the group visit, a penguin representative is present throughout. There is a fee for the group (60 EUR / group and 30 EUR / school group).
- More information see > ”Prices”