Visit our sauna by paying the entrance fee with your telephone! (You need a Finnish contract NO prepaid!)
Every day between 10 am- 6 pm it is possible to pay a single entrance fee (8,05€) at the front door. (Every visitor pays separately). The payment comes to your tfn-bill (Finnish operator).
(Instructions on the door in Finnish and Swedish
> the tfn# to call for opening the door.)
Our sauna is mixt (with women and men) and we wear swimming suits.
Alcohol is not allowed in our sauna.
Vaasan Pingviinit ry. was founded in 1965.
The aim is to promote winter bath (“Polar bear”) as a hobby and connect people having this hobby.
With the help of the City of Vaasa we could build an own sauna, which is situated at the beautiful and central place on the island Hietasaari next to the swimming beach.
The sauna building was finished in 1999. The sauna was renewed in 2009 and regular repairs are done mainly based on volunteer work.
Penguins have never been more in Vaasa! We are now over 1100 members and we are happy to take new members at any time.
- The sauna is open every day between 10 – 22, on Thursdays between 10-23
- Please note that it is not allowed to consume alcohol in the sauna building or on our terrace. As well as it is not allowed to come to sauna under the influence of alcohol or other narcotics.
- The membership fee is 120€ (+ new members deposit for the key 10€; a membership year is 1.11 – 31.10).
- Testing winter bath is possible free if you come to our sauna with a member. Your visit has to be agreed with a member of board
- Group visits are possible - they can be arranged during the winter time (November - March) and a group can not be more than eight people. Responsible for group visits is Tobias Simon: email@example.com. The price for groups is 50 EUR/ group (high schools 30 EUR/group).
- More information see > ”Prices”